Bourjois: Healthy Mix Serum Foundation | Review


 Bourjois was created in a Parisian apartment by Joseph-Albert Ponsin in 1863 and by the 20th century was acquired by the same owners as Chanel.
I have known about this brand for awhile now, thanks to my obsession of watching my two favourite UK youtube makeup gurus (estee lalonde and viviannadoesmakeup)! This foundation has always been highly recommended by makeup fanatics across the ocean, however, it was virtually impossible to locate in Canada - until now. Select shoppers drug marts have started to carry this brand. Although this is sold at drug stores, the price tag is a tad higher than other brands like L'oreal and Revlon. The Healthy Mix Serum Foundation was priced at $29 cdn.




The Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
Claims to glide smoothly onto skin giving it a natural finish with no mask effect. It also states that it will boost skin radiance for up to 16 hours.
The jar is made of glass and has a pump which is always a plus. The consistency is gel based and glides on wonderfully. It has a fairly strong floral scent which I quite like. The only con is that the colour option is extremely limited as it includes only six different shades. I picked up number 53 light beige and it seems to match me well.
I have had issues in the past with gel formulas making my combination skin look super greasy/oily. I found that using my sigma flat kabuki brush gave me a more medium coverage than when I tried it with a beauty blender. Using the beauty blender with a gel formula will give you a more sheer coverage.


before (L), after makeup (R)
The Verdict:
Based on my past experiences with gel products, I admittedly was a bit worried trying this out as I absolutely dislike that greasy/oily feel on my face. I was hoping to find a lighter weight foundation to use on a daily basis that would give me a hydrated, healthy glow and was happy that I found just that with this product. It evened out my skin tone and covered up my blemishes well. After wearing this for 5 hours, I did have to retouch my t-zone with powder, however, my normally dry areas remained super hydrated with no visible signs of dryness.

I will definitely be using this as my new go to "no makeup" makeup foundation. Add a touch of concealer, mascara and fresh lip balm and I'll be ready to head out the door!


No comments