concealer roundup


Under eye circles were never an issue for me until a few years back. I guess those late nights and lack of sleep during my university years has finally caught up. Fast forward to 2015 and I now have a roundup of concealers ready to be reviewed. I prefer a medium to heavy coverage concealer that glides on creamy and lasts without creasing.

Left to Right: Bobbi Brown, MAC, Bare Minerals, Clinique, Nars, Urban Decay
First up is the one that I'm sure you have all heard of - the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer. This one really does have a smooth and creamy texture and is the one I reach for most often. I have repurchased this countless of times and will continue to do so. Without a setting powder this will crease, so I highly recommend pairing this with something like the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder.
rating: 9.5/10

The Urban Decay Naked Concealer has the same coverage as Nars but is less creamy and more light weight. It also creases less than the Nars concealer which I like (especially when I forget to use setting powder)! The colour selection is limited but if you are lucky enough to match perfectly with one, I think you'll enjoy this product quite a bit!
rating: 8.5/10

I picked up the Clinque Line Smoothing Concealer on a whim and am happy to have added this to my growing collection. Being one of the most affordable concealers in my rotation, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this concealer didn't dry nor crease after a long day. However, it has the same disadvantage as the UD one - lack of colour selection.
rating: 7.5/10

Next up is the Bare Minerals Stroke of Light Eye Brightener which is one of the sheerest under eye products that I own. It really does brighten and illuminate the under eye area, however, I pair this with a heavier concealer as I feel it's more on the sheer side as opposed to medium coverage.
rating: 7/10

MAC Select Cover Up Concealer needs a corrector underneath to do any justice. It's super watery but covers well enough for those days that you just need a touch of concealer. I tend to use this more in the summer as I find it applies more on the sheer side than heavy. I would probably reach for this more if it had an applicator and not just a squeeze tube.
rating: 6/10

Finally, the corrector of all correctors - Bobbi Brown Corrector. I adore this product and cannot believe I have ever lived without it. When the struggle is real, Bobbi Brown is here. Literally an instant and noticeable difference. When used with my creamy concealers I look super refreshed. A little goes a long way. No complaints about this product! Love, love, love!
rating: 10/10

No comments