the everyday foundation for a natural look




The Ultra HD Invisible Cover Liquid Foundation (1.01oz, $52 cdn) by Make Up For Ever launched last year as a revamp of their original HD liquid foundation. The Ultra HD foundation claims to provide flawless coverage under a 4k lens with an incredible lasting power, so naturally, I had to see what this foundation was all about. If this foundation could keep skin looking flawless under a 4k lens, then it had to be good enough for my everyday routine, right? Absolutely, right. I literally reach for this everyday and I’m going to tell you my top 3 reasons why it has been awarded a holy grail status in foundations for me. 



  1. It looks natural. I am a light-medium coverage type person. I cannot stand feeling makeup on my face and need a lightweight, hydrating foundation that stays in place while looking as natural as possible. I’m not asking for too much, am I? This foundation does it all. It doesn’t oxidize or dry out my skin and the lasting ability truly is incredible! I apply Ultra HD with a beauty blender at 6:00 AM each morning and take it off 12 hours later, looking just as fresh as it did in the morning. If you prefer a medium coverage, I’d suggest using a brush to apply the foundation and layer up. For my everyday routine, I opt for a beauty blender and one layer.
  2. Shade selection. It is so difficult to find a perfect shade. There are some foundations I own that are either slightly too light or too dark for my complexion, so mixing and combining shades like I’m some kind of chemist adds time to my makeup routine. (#aintnobodygottimeforthat) With over 40 shades to choose from, your chances of finding a perfect colour match is high. I love that I can use one pump of one shade! It’s the simple things in life.
  3. Works well with Combination Skin. The struggle is real if you have combo skin. Ultra HD controls the oils on my t-zone while keeping my dry areas hydrated. Throughout the years of using MUFE foundations, I’ve tried using all types of setting powders and found that MUFE’s HD Pressed Powder works beautifully with this foundation. It keeps me looking matte all day, although I do use one blotting paper each afternoon due to my own paranoia; it really isn’t necessary. During the cooler months, I sometimes leave without a setting spray/powder and the foundation holds up just as well.


Shade in 125 = Y315

If you’re looking for a water based liquid foundation that does it all, definitely pick up a bottle or sample at your local Sephora.

Have you tried Ultra HD foundation yet? If so, let me know your thoughts below!

No comments