best lip products for spring | swatches


Don’t you just hate the feeling of dry lips? I literally can’t think of anything worse! And remember when matte lips became a thing? Without the lip scrubs, balms and masks those liquid lipsticks would seep right into the lip lines making for an interesting look. This year’s spring beauty look is all about that natural, fresh look and I’m totally into it. I love a semi-sheer lip that adds just enough colour but keeps my lips hydrated.





I have two lip products that I have been rotating between since I decided my spring started a couple weeks ago! The YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick lipstick and the Lancôme Juicy Shakers are both oil based lippies that provide a nice hint of colour without drying the lips.

The YSL lipstick has the same luxe packaging as their other lipsticks, but volupte shine is formulated with mostly oils that help hydrate and nourish your lips throughout the day. The Lancôme shakers show off the liquid formula in their translucent package which looks a bit more like a novelty piece but cute nonetheless. The shakers are pigmented lip oils that need a bit of a shake to mix the product prior to application. The applicator is a soft sponge like cushion that applies smoothly and with ease. It feels great on the lips and I find myself reaching for this almost every day. I love that you can wear it alone, over lip liners or lipsticks. It adds a hint of a gloss like texture but with the hydrating effect of an oil.

I may be a bit ahead of the game as the weather is still quite cool at the moment, but I’m excited to add a few more colours to my collection of sheer lip oils for this spring/summer season!


Have you tried using a lip oil type product yet? Let me know in the comments below!

Products mentioned:
Lancôme Juicy Shaker – 381 Mangoes Wild
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In Stick Lipstick – 48 Smoking Plum
YSL Rouge Volupte Shine Oil-In-Stick Lipstick – 5 Fuchsia in Excess

No comments