first impression: clinique pep start eye cream


"You look tired".  I cringe at the sound of those words. If I could go back in time and give my younger me a piece of advice, it would be to invest in eye cream. Every morning I feel like I'm preparing for combat against my delicate under eye area. Correctors and concealers may help mask the bags under your eye, but it's the eye gels and creams that keep your skin hydrated, healthy and bright.

Clinique's Pep-Start Eye Cream (0.5 oz, $31 cdn) is a light-weight formula that claims to hydrate and instantly brighten the eye area as it fights the effects of a busy life. The cream is oil free and works over and under makeup.

Pep-start has a round ball applicator used to cool and de-puff eyes. The lid pops off and you pull the ball tip to squeeze out the cream. The associate at Sephora recommended leaving this in the fridge for a refreshing start to the day. Unfortunately, I've been struggling to actually use the round tip as a massager. I find it more convenient to use my finger tips to gently massage the cream onto my skin. When kept in the fridge, naturally, there is a cooling effect. The cream has a thicker consistency and definitely hydrates well. When I use my finger tips, it absorbs quickly and easily without feeling heavy or greasy. I do notice an instant brightening effect when first applied (love!), but it does fade quicker than I would like.

Skincare takes weeks before any changes are visible and to notice if the product works with your skin. I have been testing this cream out for a few days now and my first impression is that it's okay. The cream itself is great - it's moisturizing and feels wonderful when applied; however, the applicator has room for improvement. This product is great for a quick boost of hydration when your under eyes begin to look dull and dehydrated.

I will definitely do a more detailed review within the next few months to see if my opinion has changed. Stay tuned!

6 comments

  1. Thanks for the review- was curious about this product! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! I'll be posting a detailed review of the cream once I've tried it for a bit longer :)

      Delete
  2. I hate when people tell me I look tired. It's so negative! Overall it sounds like an interesting product but it doesn't sound super noticeable effects were seen. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super negative! It definitely hydrates well and gives you a boost of brightness but the lasting power on that is just okay.

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed learning about this eye cream :) I have been using on by Tatcha and its pretty good :) -Maireem

    My Fair Autumn | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Ooo I love Tatcha products! I'll have to check it out :)

      Delete