the blush tag


The other day, I was reading a blush tag that was posted on bloglovin’ and thought it would be fun to do the tag on my blog since I posted about my favourite cheek products a few days ago. Let’s be honest, these questions just give me another excuse to go through my collection again! Let’s get started!

1. What blush color suits you the most?
I have been gravitating towards deeper shades like dusty pinks and mauves. Different shades suit me better during different months, but currently, my winter skin complexion is loving the deeper shades.
2. Pressed, cream, or loose blush?
The majority of my collection includes pressed powder, however, I recently tried out the Joe Fresh cream blush sticks (review here) and was pleasantly surprised! I think I should introduce a few more cream blushes into my collection!

3. Favorite shimmery blush?
NARS deep throat is by far my favourite shimmery blush. Luckily, it is less shimmery than Orgasm by NARS and has that perfect “not too pink, not too peach” colour that looks amazing when I have a bit of a tan. I absolutely love this shade!
4. Favorite matte blush?
Tarte Exposed has been raved about by both youtubers and bloggers alike and there is a reason why. It’s the perfect neutral, matte blush that can do no wrong. So simple and so stunning.

5. Favorite cream blush?
I’m fairly new to cream blushes so I’ve only tried a couple from Joe Fresh. As I don’t have any others to compare this with, they win by default? Haha.

6. Favorite drugstore blush?
So most of my blushes are mid-high end, therefore, congratulations to Joe Fresh! They win by default yet again for favourite drugstore blush! *note to self: pick up more drugstore brand blushes. There are dupes out there!
7. Favorite high-end blush?
I adore high end blushes not just for the formula but for the packaging! I’m such a sucker for packaging! When it comes to all around favourite high-end blush, it would be hands down the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure. If you want to hear me rave about this product again, check out my previous post here. It is the perfect mixture of highlight and pigment. The formula is flawless.

8. Favorite bright blush?
Urban Decay Naked Flushed in Native is actually my favourite bright blush. I love this little palette and take this when I’m traveling with limited space. The blush is a bright pink so I only use this when I’m in the midst of summer. It’s gorgeous!

9. Biggest blush disappointment/regret?
I wouldn’t say I regret Orgasm by NARS because it is nice but I feel like it was a bit underwhelming. There was so much hype built around it that when I first brought this home I was slightly disappointed. I share the love with all my blushes though, so I still keep this around and use it every now and then.

10. Number 1 Holy Grail Blush?
Definitely the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure. I use this shade all year round and I don’t know what I did before I owned this. If you haven’t tried out the hourglass blushes and you love blush as much as me, you need to march over to Sephora asap and swatch, swatch, swatch!

Let me know if you have done a blush tag or are planning to do one in the future! I would love to read them!

14 comments

  1. I may film a video on this tag, but I haven't made up my mind yet. If you want to try good drugstore cream blushes, check Max Factor (if they are available where you live). You will be underwhelmed by the packaging, but the quality is top notch.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen max factor here, but I will be taking a trip to the states soon - hopefully I can find that brand there!

      Delete
    2. Sadly not, they aren't available in the States.

      Delete
  2. I did this last year, I think! It's a fun tag to do, especially if you're a blush addict! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a HUGE blush addict, haha. I'll check out your post!

      Delete
  3. I agree with you on orgasm too; it's not that fun and practical to wear either after the first time! Love Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes though, why must they cost so much :(

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - they are pretty expensive but I can't get over how incredible they are!

      Delete
  4. I should probably try to use some dusty pinks and mauves blushes as I always gravitate towards the peachy ones. I didn't try it myself, but I know that a lot of people are usually disappointed by Nars Orgasm yet, as you said, I'm sure this is because too many people rave about it!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peachy tones are quite lovely as well! It's so upsetting when you really look forward to something and it turns out underwhelming!

      Delete
  5. I definitely want to try that Hourglass Ambient Palette. I hear nothing but really good things.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty fickle about my blushers so I change them all the time. You need to try Milani Baked blush, I swear they are some of the best from drugstore. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always pass the milani blushes and can never decide on a shade! I promise next time I pass by, I'll pick one up, haha!

      Delete
  7. What a fun tag!! I always struggle with blush colourrs, so thanks for posting this!!

    http://substance.cc

    ReplyDelete