how to minimize pores | the porefessional pro balm by benefit cosmetics review


Ever wonder what the secret is to having flawless skin? If you figure it out, let me know! In the meantime, Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional Pore Balm (.75oz, $39 cdn) will help me minimize my pores so I can pretend, at least for the day, that I have naturally perfect skin. 

This Pore Balm won’t reduce pores but will help reduce the appearance of pores. This oil-free formula has a silky application that helps keep your makeup in place all day while filling in your pores and fine lines to create a flawless canvas.  


Packaging
Benefit Cosmetics has a retro vibe happening with their packaging, and this Pore Balm is no exception. With it’s bright and vibrant turquoise tube and cartoon cover, it looks like it came straight out of the 50s. Super cute. This lightweight tube has a twist cap and the tip of the tube is small enough to ensure you have control over the amount of product that comes out.  

Product
The product does have silica in it so if you have an allergy, I would steer clear. However, silica is one of the best ingredients to mask large pores. The silky neutral beige shade applies smoothly onto skin and helps keep makeup in place. My problem area is generally around my nose, so I use this balm by dabbing it into my pores instead of using a swiping motion like I would do everywhere else. I also dab under my eye area to help reduce creasing from my concealer. The days I opt for a different primer (something more matte or more illuminating - whatever my skin feels like), I still dab this over top of my makeup in my problem areas which helps hide my pores very well. 

This is the first time I’ve purchased the full sized product because Benefit is so great at providing deluxe sized samples and with Sephoras reward bazaar, I have never felt like I needed the full size! I'll admit that I do hit panic mode when I'm squeezing the last bit out of the deluxe samples! I'm happy I don't have to worry about running out anytime soon now. This year at IMATS, Benefit Cosmetics had 40% off their products so I figured I would finally pick up one of the best primers I have ever used and am so happy to have added this to my collection of primers.  


Verdict
If you struggle with large pores, this is a product that you should try. It works well with all skin types (I have combination skin) and this feels lightweight when applied onto the skin. A little goes a long way with this product and it is true to what it claims – it reduces the appearance of pores and keeps makeup in place all day. If you’re a person that doesn’t wear primers, you can dab this on your problem areas only and get the same results.

Repurchase?
Absolutely. I can’t believe I’ve waited so long to pick up the full size! I might step it up a notch next time and buy the Jumbo size!

Do you use a primer? What are your top three? Let me know in the comment section below!

No comments